Visa on arrival is the easiest way to stay legally in Vietnam without so much red tape. After you get the visa approval letter, all you need to do is to fill in the Vietnam visa on arrival form at the Vietnam airport or any arriving port that allows visa on arrival. Still, many foreigners make mistakes while completing the form, which is time-consuming and troublesome. So, read our full guide here to avoid silly mistakes while filling Vietnam visa on arrival form.
Things To Prepare Beforehand
Applicants need to prepare the following documents to complete the visa application for foreigners:
- 02 4x6cm passport photos with white background (one attached to the form, one separate)
- Invitation letter for visa approval or Vietnam immigration letter
- Original passport with a minimum validity of over 6 months
- Visa fee
The fee for a visa on arrival is as follow:
- 1-3 month visa (single entry): $45
- 1-month visa (multiple entries): $65
- 3-month visa (multiple entries): $95
- 6-month visa (multiple entries): $135
Full Guide To Fill Vietnam Visa On Arrival Form
The form necessary for visa on arrival is NA1 form. It is available in Vietnamese and English at all landing ports that approve visa on arrival. You can also download the form, print it out and bring it to the airport.
Download NA1 form here. (attach the form)
Now, let’s go through all the sections and learn how to fill them correctly.
- Full name: Copy the full name shown in your passport. Put it in CAPITAL
Example: EMILIA COLLIN AURTHOR
- Sex: Input male or female
Follow your gender shown in passport as the Vietnam government hasn’t recognized LGBT+ community.
- Date of birth: follow day, month, year format
Example: 1, December 1997
- Place of birth: City and country name
Example: California, US
- Nationality at birth: Your nationality when you were born. It may differ from 6. Current nationality if you have changed your citizenship
- Current nationality: Your current nationality matched with that in your current passport
- Religion: Your religion (if any) or “NONE” (if you are non-religious)
- Occupation: This field is optional. You can leave it blank or fill out your current job
- Employer and business address: This field is optional. You can leave it blank or fill out your employer and business address
Example: ABC Company,. 250 Warwick Avenue, Clovis, CA, USA
- Permanent residential address: Your address and phone number in the home country
Example: 250 Warwick Avenue, Clovis, CA, USA
Phone number: +1 123-456-7890
- Family members: Fill the table with the relationship, name (IN CAPITAL), sex, date of birth, nationality and permanent residential address of your family member (including parents, spouse, children, and siblings, if any) even though they do not travel with you. This field works as a reference source for the Immigration Department in case of emergency.
|Relationship||Name||Sex||Date of birth||Nationality||Permanent residential address|
|Mother||DOLORES COLLIN||male||30 June 1973||American||250 Warwick Avenue, Clovis, CA, USA|
- Passport or International Travel Document number: Usually, fill Passport and indicate the Type of your passport (whether ordinary, diplomatic or official) with Issuing authority and Expiry date
Example: Passport Type: Ordinary
Issuing authority: U.S. Department of State Expiry Date: 5 July 2028
- Date of previous entry into Vietnam (if any): If foreigners have previously arrived in Vietnam, then enter the most recent entry date. If you have never been to Vietnam, leave this field blank.
- Intended date of entry and Intended lengths of stay in Vietnam Enter the expected arrival date and the number of days you expect to stay in Vietnam. The Intended date of entry must be not before the exact arrival date and Intended lengths of stay in Vietnam must not be after the exit date specified in your Vietnam visa approval letter
Example: Intended date of entry: 24 June, 2020
Intended lengths of stay in Vietnam: 20 days
- Purpose of entry: Fill in the purpose as noted in the visa approval letter whether tourism or business
Example: Purpose of entry: tourism
- Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam (if any): the expected address where you will stay in Vietnam, written in Vietnam address format. It can be the hotel address, your friend’s address in Vietnam
Example: 174/22 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hanoi
About Vietnam address format:
In Vietnam address are written starting with the specific information (name, followed by house number and street) and moving on to more general information (ward, district, city or province).
Example of a Vietnam address format:
10B Tran Quang Dieu Street, An Khanh Ward, Binh Thuy District, Can Tho City, Vietnam
- Hosting organization/individual in Vietnam (if any): Enter the name of the company and the address of the guarantee company (for foreigners entering Vietnam under the category of work or investment) or just write N/A
- Accompanying child(ren) under 14 years old included in your passport (if any): name, sex, date of birth and glue two photos in 4×6 size of accompanying the child(ren) under 14 years old included in your passport. If you do not have any, or your child(ren) have own passport(s), leave it blank
- Applying for a visa: if your visa allows multiple entries, check Multiple, if it is single entry, check Single. Also, fill in the valid duration of visa as indicated in visa approval letter
- Other requests (if any): any request if any or N/A
“Done at”: Fill in your arrival port. There are 6 international airports that you can enter Vietnam using Visa On Arrival:
- Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi city
- Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city
- Cam Ranh international airport in Nha Trang city
- Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city
- Cat Bi international airport in Hai Phong city
- Phu Quoc international airport in Phu Quoc island
- Lien Khuong airport in Da Lat city
“On”: your arrival date in Vietnam, following day, month, year format
After signing and write your full name. You’re done!