What is Tourist Visa for Vietnam?
Tourist visa (DL) is one of the most popular types of Vietnam visa which is valid for up to 3 months (single/Multiple entry) and can be renewed for only one time after your arrival in Vietnam.
It is for tourism purpose only and not intended for those visitors who want to work during their stay in Vietnam.
A Vietnam tourist visa is NOT required for certain nationalities listed at in the Vietnam visa exemption list.
Types of Tourist Visa
At the moment, you may apply for either of the following types of tourist visa for Vietnam
How to apply
In case you are required to get a tourist visa to enter Vietnam, please make sure
There are 02 options to get a Vietnam tourist visa online, namely:
Apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival
- Submit a visa application form online
- Get visa approval letter via email within 02 working days or even 2-4 working hours in emergency cases
- Get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport
Apply for a visa at Vietnam embassy abroad
- Contact the embassy you are applying for the visa with for guidance to prepare the visa application documents, procedure and fees
- Prepare the document as guided
- Visit the embassy to submit the visa documents and pay the visa fees
- Visit the embassy again to receive the visa and original passport
Visa fee & Processing time
The cost of tourist visa for Vietnam depends on the method you choose to get your visa, i.e:
- Visa at the embassy: The fee may vary.
- Tourist visa on arrival: you will need to pay two kinds of fees: (1) service fee – paid online to us to process your visa approval letter with Vietnam Immigration Department and deliver it to your email, and (2) stamping fee – paid in cash to Immigration Officer at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped. The service fee is fixed by visa type, the number of applicants, and processing time, while the stamping fee is fixed by visa type only. For example, a 1-month single entry business visa typically cost US $46 totally (consisting of US $21 for our service fee and US $25 for the stamping fee).
Since the Approval letter is affected by variety of factors such as nationality, length of stay as well as the current policies, please contact us directly for the exact rates.
The processing time of a tourist visa for Vietnam varies based on the way you choose to get your visa. It is also impacted by Public Holidays.
- Visa on arrival: 02 – 04 working days to receive the approval letter. But if you need an urgent visa, you can get it in 2-4 working hours.
- Visa at the embassy: 05 working days + the postal delivery time in case you send your passport by mail.