If you want to prolong your trip in Vietnam without leaving the country, you can get an extension stamp on your passport to indicate the updated visa duration. Visa extension is available for single entry only. Still, it is a convenient way not to overstay your visa in Vietnam.
Impor fff tance Notice For Automatic Visa Extension At The Time Of COVID-19 Outbreak
Department of Immigration Management has loosen visa procedures, extension of temporary residence for foreign citizens to stay in Vietnam due to the impact of COVID-19 epidemic.
Foreign nationals who satisfy all the 3 conditions:
- have entered Vietnam on visa waiver or tourist visas (including e-visas) since March 1st, 2020
- have expired visas
- have neither sponsoring entity or ability to exit Vietnam due to objective reasons (quarantine or flights suspension, closing borders in transiting countries or destinations)
will automatically get visa extension until July 31st, 2020.
If a foreigner has entered the country before March 1, 2020, he or she must proves that he / she is stuck in Vietnam due to COVID-19 outbreak. Evidence can be in form of the diplomatic mission certified by a diplomatic note (with a Vietnamese translation) or a writing confirmation of the Vietnamese authorities on quarantine, treatment of COVID-19 or other force majeure reasons. In such cases, they will also eligible for automatic visa extension until the end of July, 2020. The documents must be presented on exit.
Vietnam Visa Extension During Normal Period
To apply for Vietnam visa extension, you will need:
- Valid original passport for at least 06 months from the time of extension
- There are at least 02 blank pages in the passport
Visa extension application will be processed in on of the following offices
- Hanoi immigration office: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Danang Immigration office: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Ho Chi Minh Immigration office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
Remember that they operate from Monday to Friday and Saturday morning. The lunch break is from 11.30 AM to 1.30 PM.
The term for the extended visa depends on the original term of your current visa:
- Visa exemption can be extended up to 3 months
- Original 1-month visa can be extended up to 3 months
- Original 3-month visa can be extended up to 3 months
- Original 5-year visa exemption certificate can be extended up to 6 months
- Original e-visa can be extended up to 3 months
If you wish to extend your visa for a period of one month, your current visa must be one for a month or longer. The fee will be approximately US$60 – US$155, depending on your nationality.
If you wish to extend your visa for a period of three months, then your current visa must be one for a three-month long stay. The fee will be approximately US$180 – US$310, depending on your nationality.
To know exactly the extended duration of your visa, contact us or leave your information so that we can reach out to you. Vietnam visa extension procedures seem to be easy, but foreigners usually get confused while working with Vietnamese officers. So, let us help you with that!